February 27, 2008

Power Struggle

Photobucket




Photobucket
Riley's Power Struggle.....Poor little Riley is going through the hardest time right now and as a parent I must help him learn how to make good choices and LISTEN! The last couple of weeks have been rough and I know it is just a phase plus it is only going to get harder the older he gets. He chose not to listen after I asked him many times to pick up his toys, so I got the trash bag out like a lot of parents do and started picking them up myself. Of course he freaked out and started throwing a huge tantrum. He was crying for his favorite puppy that ended up in the trash bag, but I couldn't give in! I explained that if he wanted his toys back he must earn them back or else they are gone. It's not easy being a parent....

Jordan thank you for teaching me how to post my images larger. I will admit today is the first time I have tried it since you emailed me. These pictures are too large but maybe by the next post I will have it mastered.

For those of you who care the action I used for the color photo is an action by Jessica Bell called Over-Exposed Vintage. My eye liner, blush, lipstick, and gloss is from MaryKay thanks my personal consultant, my sister! Her website is www.marykay.com/farahiser

8 comments:

Torey said...

Very cool pictures. Did you take them yourself?

jordan.krogman said...

Wow, those are some awesome self-portraits Tonya. I absolutely LOVE the color one. . . they're really full of emotion (but it sounds like you've had an emotional day.) I can really relate to you on the power struggle, though. Peyton has been spending an awful lot of time in time-out lately for kicking, spitting, hitting, etc. This is a tough age, for sure.

jordan.krogman said...

Oh, and "you're welcome" for the directions. I LOVE looking at bigger pics! :) Glad my directions made sense, too!

Jess said...

GORGEOUS self portraits! WOW, you are STUNNING! I love the first one, your skin looks like porcelain!

And thank YOU for the awesome compliments on my actions! I'm so happy you are enjoying them! :)

Chris and Jenna said...

Your pictures are amazing! You look gorgeous! Sorry to hear about Riley...I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to that stage.

Lindsey said...

You look BEAUTIFUl as usual. I still hope and pray that someday you will write a parenting book and send me a copy ASAP!!! I look up to you so much - so patient, loving, and smart with your kiddos. I want to be just like you when I grow up. miss you!! xoxo

Mandi said...

Uh, GORGEOUS! Those pictures of you are stunning. And yes, it is SO hard being a parent sometimes, I agree... but they have to learn right?

Rebecca said...

Those pictures turned out great. I love your hair and I am really getting tempted to getting mine cut off. But I want to wait until after the baby becuase putting it in a pony tail is go easy when you are at home. Maybe thats why I need to cut it off. Love ya and I remember going through those stages with Coby and he still can have his moments at 12 he thinks he know more than mom and dad. Becca