Last night we were watching the Lunar Eclipse so I thought I should get my camera out and try to get some pictures of it! I remember taking pictures of the stars, campfires, and flashlights at night when I was in College on our outdoor photography class in Yellowstone National Park! Mine were nothing to brag about but I do have to say I am pleased with the ones I took last night of the moon! This one is almost at the full eclipse you can see the right hand side of the moon is still peeking out and the rest is in the shadow of the earth! The kids were outside running around outside while I was taking pictures, so I brought them in to get them ready for bed and missed the full eclipse. I was pretty bummed because the next Total Lunar Eclipse will not happen again until December 21, 2010 according to the NASA website.
February 21, 2008
Lunar Eclipse
Last night we were watching the Lunar Eclipse so I thought I should get my camera out and try to get some pictures of it! I remember taking pictures of the stars, campfires, and flashlights at night when I was in College on our outdoor photography class in Yellowstone National Park! Mine were nothing to brag about but I do have to say I am pleased with the ones I took last night of the moon! This one is almost at the full eclipse you can see the right hand side of the moon is still peeking out and the rest is in the shadow of the earth! The kids were outside running around outside while I was taking pictures, so I brought them in to get them ready for bed and missed the full eclipse. I was pretty bummed because the next Total Lunar Eclipse will not happen again until December 21, 2010 according to the NASA website.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That was pretty cool, wasn't it. Nate didn't get home until late, so I just went out for a second with Taylor in a blanket, and then had to come get her to bed. I love the picture though!
I wanted to get out and take pics, but it was SOOOO cold here! We just watched from our bedroom window! :)
You did get a really nice shot!!
I'm jealous!! I tried to get some pics and my camera just did that trying to focus thing the whole time. I did watch it all though dispite the cold.
Post a Comment