April 1, 2011

Reading & Writing

Lauryn wanted to practice spelling words the other night after watching Riley, so I started rambling off some words. Let me remind you that she's still in preschool and will start kindergarten in the fall. The first word I gave her was can. She carefully sounded each letter and announced, "Next." I looked at her board...playing along with her game and to my surprise it was right. I continued giving her words to spell and she was getting them all right. This was her list:

can, tan, pan, ran
top, cop, pop, stop
cat, bat, sat, rat
My daughter can spell!

I then grabbed Riley's kindergarten books and she was reading them too! I can't take any credit for teaching her, but I can thank her awesome preschool teachers Mrs. Graft and Mrs. Heny. On tuesday we went to my parents and of course I had to show my mom, who's a school teacher, that Lu could spell. She wrote her first sentence for my mom...I can sing.

I'm so proud of her.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Lennons said...

Go Lauryn! That's so awesome!! Maybe she can teach Hadlee!

Leigh said...

Little smarty pants!

Maggie said...

Tonya, I was so excited to see you have a blog. What a beautiful family you have. And of course, you look the same as you did in high school--always gorgeous! Keep in touch!