October 4, 2008

I may be the next Martha Stewart!

In the spare time that I don't have, I have been canning and doing all sorts of cute crafty things. This last week my grandma and I canned a box of peaches and a box of pears! I am so proud of myself! Aren't they gorgeous? My grandma and mother have canned for years and I am finally learning for myself and now I can pass on the tradition to my little Lauryn!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I have my fruit on the back wall of my walk-in pantry so every time I walk in....I can admire it!

Photobucket
Next, Tiffany and I have been making this flower clips for our girls! I have over 20! Lauryn has one for every outfit she owns! Notice all the pictures below! When Brad and Tara came to visit I showed her the adorable tutus from Yaya Papaya! I saw that Jordan made one for Emmy and thought we could do it too. That night Tara, Tiffany and myself (Tonya...isn't that a mouthful) went to Walmart to get our stuff to create these adorable tutus! I am going to use Lauryn's for her Halloween costume!

Photobucket
I still have to add the white rick rack and ribbons to it! The flower I used on the front of her tutu is actually a clip I made for her hair!

Photobucket
This is little Bella, Brad and Tara's little girl! She is so stinking cute in her tutu! Tara made her a matching clip for her hair!

Photobucket
Awwwww!

Photobucket
Our cold trip to the mountains with Brad, Tara and the kids! I have not recuperated from their visit! I just can't get enough sleep! We miss you guys and wish we could see you more!

11 comments:

Tara Reed said...

I love them. The girls look so stinking cute!!! Rylie and Logan look like best buddies and I am not sure where Brad and Greg found those hot ladies, but they got hooked up!! lol lol lol. We love you guys so much and can't wait to see you again.

Lots of love
Tara

Matt and Debbie said...

You're right! Ms Bennett is now Ms Stewart. It must be so nice to be able to can now knowing that you have somewhere to put it all!! I'm sort of envious... well okay I am. Good for you!

Torey said...

Your pictures totally look like Martha! Love the tutus. I need to figure out how to make one. Maybe you could put a tutorial on your blog to teach everyone how to make the hair clips and the tutus??? Please?:)

I love the pictures of Lauryn. She is soooo cute.

Chris and Jenna said...

Those Tutus are the cutest things I've ever seen. I seriously need a little girl! Love the pictures of the fruit too. They look so pretty. I think you're ready for your own TV show...or at least some classes to teach the rest of us all your skills!

Carrie said...

I'm so jealous. Can you make me a tutu? You're so stinkin' crafty. Next, I'm going to teach you how to quilt!!! Ha ha ha...

Mandi said...

So cute, I have the same black and red ones for my girls for Halloween! They are gonna be ladybugs! How did you make those clips? I would LOVE to make some for my girls, they are darling...easy? And yes...your fruit is gorgous! Little Suzy Home-Maker!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

So fun. I have my have doing all that stuff too, in my head while I dream at night! haha. I hope to do some more crafty things soon. You definately inspire me to get a move on it!

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

Wow Ton - I am impressed. I have always wanted to learn to can stuff but the closest I've gotten is freezer jam!! Maybe you can teach me someday!
PS: The tutus are adorable!!!

Matt and Debbie said...

I TAGGED you. See my blog.

Sarah said...

Ok I agree, Martha, geeze how do you get pictures of canned goods to look amazing. I can't even take a decent picture of my kids and you can make a can of pears look good. You have such talent I'm jealous.