
Today Greg and I celebrate 9 years of marriage together but most of you know we started out as childhood sweethearts, so I thought I would share some of our highlights:
1. I used to sign my name Tonya Bennett on play checks as a child.
2. I was the only one who could be married to Greg when playing house with my girlfriends.
3. Every elementary teacher sat us together because I was the quiet shy girl who never spoke and Greg was the obnoxious rowdy boy. (Someone had to keep him under control!)
4. In 5th grade he kissed me behind Westside school and then didn't talk to me for the rest of the day.
5. In 5th grade he made me a Valentine's day card on his Grandma's computer and bought me an ankle bracket from Kraglers. (I still have it!) He made Jason Fernandez deliver it to me because he was to embarrassed to do it himself.
6. One Sunday we got into a rubber band fight in the parking lot while waiting for our parents!
7. He gave me a stuffed animal he won at the fair when we were in 6th grade...then broke up with me.
8. He took me to Homecoming my sophomore year although I had a boyfriend. My boyfriend then thought going to the rodeo was more important then me.
9. The night before my 16th birthday Greg and his buddy Brice knocked on my window and told me to came to the front door so he could give me a rose with a ring in the middle of the bud. The next day he took me to Wapiti for my first date.
10. Greg's parent took me and my girlfriends to all of the out of town football games and Greg would ride home with us instead of on the bus with his buddies.
11. The country swing....we always had a crowd watching us bust a move.
12. Greg driving down alleys and running into giant garbage cans in his old silver car with me in the car. (my mother would not approve of this activity)
13. The Blair's Marriage Proposal!
14. Dragging me to Vermillion. We both cried when we saw our first apartment!
15. The Halloween party when he was hotter than me.
16. The gift of Motherhood. My doctor and nurse both told us we were the best team ever!
Vermillion was the greatest place for us. We had nothing but each other at first and by the time we moved we had our own little family and so many great friends we had to leave!
17. Moving home where all our family is now, meeting up with old friend, and making new ones!
18. Moving into our first house after 9 years of apartment hopping.
Thank you so much for all the memories Greg. We have been through so many happy and sad times together. I am thankful for our trials because it only made us stronger and taught us to fight harder for each other. I started loving you when I was the shy quiet girl and have never stopped loving you.
Happy Anniversary Babe and thanks for another awesome day!
7 comments:
That's so sweet! Congrats on 9 years!
How cute are you guys? Congrats on anniversary!
Awww, that was so sweet! I didn't know that you and Greg had such a long history together. Congrats on 9 years!!
Man, and i thought me and Troy went way back (we met when we were 12). Congratulations! You guys have such a cute story. It reminds me of that song by George Strait, "Check Yes or No."
Happy Anniversary!! 1 more year and you get an upgrade on your diamond! (Ha ha)
Happy Anniversay! You two are the cutest!! You must be absolutely loving your new home!!
That is so funny! And, I was there to watch you two evolve from kissing at Westside to the cute couple you are today. I am just trying to figure out which boyfriend of yours would have been going to the rodeo... I would guess a few, but then you might delete my post. :) Your house looks beautiful! I will have to get a tour when I come home for our reunion.
Post a Comment