February 18, 2009

Silhouette

On Tuesdays Lauryn has gymnastics and Riley gets excited to go because Elsie, his friend from school and neighbor, is there watching her little sister too. After gymnastics Elsie and her little sister came over to play, so we rushed home to meet them. We came in through the garage and Greg's car was already home, which is odd, because he usually isn't home so early. We start putting stuff away before the girls showed up and as I walk past the front door a silhouette caught my eye.

The first thing that crossed my mind was Greg must be getting the mail, but the door was locked. Wait...maybe it was our neighbor and her girls. No, I could be. I left before them and they were not that close behind us. I proceeded to unlock the door regardless. I opened the door curious to see who the silhouette belonged to. I started to open the door and made eye contact with this guy. I jumped and instantly had a nervous feeling. It was Edward Cullen! Yes, Edward Cullen! A huge life sized cardboard cut out of Edward was standing at my door. How creepy is that? I read the Twilight series and went to the movie, but I don't consider myself to be an obsessed fan. Who left this and why?

Seconds later Greg walked out of the bedroom and started laughing. I look at him and ask who left this? Where did Edward come from? He was still laughing and said he did the same thing after getting home and noticed the same strange silhouette. He opened the door and jumped a foot too! About that time the neighbor and her girls showed up. Now I have explain who Edward is and that I have not idea where he came from. We got the girls in and left Edward out on the front porch, so we didn't have a vampire in the house during the play date.

I continued picking up and started to think about dinner. My cell phone started to ring and it was Cammy, my friend who lives next door. I answered the phone, like always, and she starts laughing asking me about the visitor. Apparently, her mother brought Edward back from Utah and her husband and kids have been hiding him all over their house freaking her out. They thought it would be fun to freak us out too. Thanks for the laugh Cammy!

Photobucket
The silhouette that caught my eye as I walk past the entry way!

Photobucket
Up close and personal! This is what I saw as I unlocked the door!

Photobucket


Photobucket
Proof that Edward came to my house!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a hot surprise! But I think that would have freaked me out!

Anonymous said...

hahaha...that is hilarious!

Chris and Jenna said...

That is so hilarious! I don't think I'd complain too much if Edward showed up to my door!

Brandon Bridge said...

That is SO funny. I would've been totally freaked.

The Lennons said...

Hilarious! Nothin' like meeting up with a vampire at your door in the evening!

Nate and Hilary said...

I used to have a cardboard cutout of James Dien, and we used to always use it to scare people too. In fact, I also used it to ask a guy to a dance once! Those things come in so handy!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

There's something to blog about! sheesh! I was prepping myself for a burglar or something worse, aahhh, I'm glad it was just Edward! how funny!