March 19, 2010

Change of Heart

Since I've had Keaton, Lauryn has been trying to adjust to this big sister thing. She adores her brother but isn't the baby anymore. She's sassy and pushes Riley's buttons all the time. Somedays I don't know what to do with her. She whines and needs help doing everything. She would rather stay in my bed and watch cartoons then go to preschool.

Finally, last week she decided to have a change of heart and is returning to sweet little Lu. Tuesday Keaton was having a bad day, so I rocked him a lot and was able to sit back and watch her play.  I've been forcing myself to slow down and enjoy these moments with my kids because it's going too fast. I snuggle with Keaton every chance I get and cover his checks with kisses. I'm thankful he just wanted to be held, so I could watch Lu dance and twirl around while she pretended to be an olympian ice skater. I've realized that being a mom is the most important thing to be doing right now... everything else can wait.


Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Hokansons said...

You're such a good mom. It must be hard to not be the baby anymore. It's so cute how she always dresses up.

Brandon Bridge said...

My goodness, she's getting so big! What a doll! Sometimes it's so hard to slow down and really see what's going on around myself...thanks for the reminder :). Being a Mom is the best.

Anonymous said...

It's so true. Nothing is more important - I guess I'm about to find out. You're kids are so lucky to have you!