May 30, 2010

10K

Yesterday I ran a 10K with my friend Tiffany and feel pretty awesome because Keaton was born 5 1/2 months ago and I'll turn 30 in July. We're training for the Hobble Creek 1/2 Marathon in August, so we thought this would be a fun way to get some miles on us. My mom walked the 5K with her friends along with Keaton. He was the youngest in a stroller and slept the entire way. I came upon my mom in the last 1/2 mile of the race since we had different routes and starting times, we eventually crossed paths. She joined in with me, I took the stroller, and crossed the finish line at 47 minutes. Tiffany finish a couple of minutes ahead of us, I just couldn't keep up with her towards the end. 

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

7 comments:

Matt and Debbie said...

You're totally awesome!

The Hokansons said...

Nice job. I am running a 1/2 marathon in August too. We should have done one when I was there. Except we were both pregnant half the time. That is fun that your mom did one too.

The Lennons said...

I agree, You are so awesome! You girlies are inspiring :) I never liked running much...but maybe someday!

Tiffany said...

You pretty much rock Tonya! Thanks for running with me! I'm pumped for August!

Nate and Hilary said...

Yeah, I haven't gotten into running much. I keep wondering if I'm there yet. But, way to go!

Torey said...

That is very impressive, especially 5.5 months after Keaton was born! You look great.

Anonymous said...

You're amazing?! Did you just get back from a vacation? Missing you. Randy and I will be in Glacier National Park around July 23. He has a conference in Polson, MT earlier that week. Might be my only vacation this summer. Hope you're well.